Amble passing the sunken
Raymond, Warkworth Harbour mouth, 1930.
The Raymond was eventually refloated and repaired but
disappeared on a very short voyage between Liverpool and
Preston in September 1943. All crew were lost. She was built
by Cochrane's of Selby for Isle of Man owners and spent most
of her life trading in the Irish Sea apart from the period
1930/38 when she was owned by Eugene Rau of Ostend, Belgium.
SS Amble was damaged by a mine early in the War and
arrived Sunderland in December 1939 for scrapping.
Image and information
kindly supplied by John Knight.